On this planet earth technology is now took some special place in every one life and is really rolling us without any doubt. Now all tech companies are finding minimum one new invention in every year and every day hundreds of new tech products coming out from the all companies. Those companies who making technology related gadgets and other products like vehicles, electronic devices etc. They all are will need diploma in polytechnic holders (junior engineers) for working in their companies. In this way the value of diploma course is suddenly increased and many new institutes are established for offering this course.
In the word polytechnic "poly" mean’s short and "technic" mean’s technique or technology. Polytechnic is one of the world best short time technical education course. In every year number of students completing this incredible polytechnic course and coming out from all the institutes of India. This is a very valuable and three or three and half year’s short time course. In this way many students in India are showing interesting to appear this course. In India this course will be conducted by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
About Polytechnic in Andhra Pradesh:
Polytechnic may be called as Diploma in Engineering, Junior Engineering and it is a three years diploma course. In Andhra Pradesh State this course was conducting by State Board of Technical Education and Training (SBTET). In every A.P. State polytechnic institute we can seek minimum six common branches like ECE, EEE, MECHANICAL, CIVIL, CSE AND IT with 60 or 120 counseling seats. The candidates who hold minimum Secondary School Certificate (SSC/10th class) or above qualification in Andhra Pradesh that candidates are eligible to get admission into polytechnic. Each seat of this diploma course will be filled by Deportment of Technical Education Andhra Pradesh (DTEAP) at the time of counseling. Selection of candidates is mainly based on the ranks obtained by him/her. For example, a candidate who gained good merit rank in Polytechnic Common Entrance Test (POLYCET), that candidate has a chance to get seat in this course.
Before seeking admission in to polytechnic in colleges of Andhra Pradesh every student should have to read and know some common things like course structure, prospectus, fee particulars, rules, regulations, eligibility and other details of course carefully.
Branches in Polytechnic:
There are now many branches (groups) available in this diploma course. List of some common and top branches of junior engineering course are given below.
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Electrical And Electronics
- Electronics And Communication
- Computer Science
- Electronics & Instrumentation
Top 10 Branches Video:
- This polytechnic course will be conducted by SBTET using advance curriculum. In this curriculum we can find all prospectus, rules and regulations of the course. The curriculum will be designed by the number of experts from industry, academia and senior faculty of the department. After every five years this curriculum will be renewal. And every curriculum finalized after a number of meetings and deliberations.
- This course will enhance the communication, listening, speaking, writing and more skills of the student.
- Students can explore more knowledge using their final year project work.
- Candidates who studying this course in Andhra Pradesh, they all are eligible to get scholarship and fee reimbursement from government. By submitting and verifying their latest income and cast certificates copies to the government.
- Now this valuable course is available in many institutes of Andhra Pradesh with minimum 60 seats. And also some Engineering (B.TECH) institutes conducting shift polytechnic colleges.
- After completing this diploma, students has a number of opportunities in many companies and plants like thermal, mechanical, software, technical and in more and more.
Subjects & Topics:
- First year of diploma in polytechnic includes 6 or 7 subjects.
- From second year of this course all year wise exams are split in to two semesters and each semester includes five or six subjects only.
- Each subject of this course includes minimum five important topics with main useful content.
- Some subjects like physics, chemistry, mathematics, English and drawing are common to all branches in first year of diploma.
- In second year and third year of this course we can find five branch related subjects and only one or two common subjects.
Duration & Marks:
- All the diploma programs run at various institutes are of three years duration and in case of sandwich programs, it is three and half years duration.
- For all other sandwich courses, the training will be in the fifth and sixth semester and seventh semester will be at institution.
- The minimum number of working days for each semester year shall be 90/180 days excluding examination days.
- The working days in a week shall be from Monday to Saturday, there shall be seven periods of fifty minutes duration on all working days.
- Each subject of this course carries fifty or hundred marks with examination of two or three hour’s duration. Each theory paper consist of section A and B. section A consists 10 short answer questions, each carries 3 marks. Section B contains 8 essay questions, each carries 10 marks.
- Candidates need to get minimum 35% in theory examinations and 50% in practical examinations.
Rules of Course:
The list of some rules are given below, Students who are going to appear this polytechnic course they all are must have to follow these rules very carefully.
- Those candidates who took admission in to this course, first of all they have to submit their original certificates of 10th class or above qualification to their institute. And also they have to submit Xerox copies of some other important certificates like cast and income for fee reimbursement and scholarship.
- The students have to get minimum 75% of attendance during the year/semester. And candidates of shortage of attendance in aggregate up to 10% (65% above and below 75%) in each semester may be granted on medical grounds.
- In case a candidate does not successfully complete the industrial training, that candidates will have to respect the training at his/her own cost.
- And maximum period for completion of the course is twice the duration of the course from the date of joining.
Eligibility & Fee Particulars:
The candidates who wish and like to seek admission in to polytechnic in Andhra Pradesh, first they should need to know some basic requirements and fee particulars.
- Who interested to join this course first they should have to appear common entrance test (POLYCET) for admission in to this course (conducted by Andhra Pradesh DTE & SBTET).
- Only those candidates are eligible to appear this entrance examination that has secondary school (SSC-10th class) or above qualification certificate from Gov. recognized institutes or conducted by the Board of Secondary Education. At the times of making application to the polytechnic common entrance test.
- Admissions are made based on the merit rank obtained in the entrance test. So candidates who gained good rank they can get free seat in any institute.
- After appearing POLYCET (entrance test) students have to attend at counseling and they need to submit original certificates to the institute.
- Every student of polytechnic doesn’t need to pay any unwanted penny and building funds to the institutes in any year of the course.
- Student who related to O.BC (other backward class), SC (schedule casts) and ST (schedule tribes) reservation, they need to verify their cast and father/guardian latest income certificates to get fee reimbursement or scholarship.
- Those candidates who not secured good rank in POLYCET, they can buy seat (each seat with minimum below 10,000/- ₹) directly from any institute approved by SBTET.
- Each semester exams fee is minimum 450/- ₹ and final year project work fee is 800/- ₹.
- For revaluation (RV), recounting (RC) and photo copy of answer script students need to pay exactly 4600/- ₹.
- Now all diploma students can easily pay their examinations, RC, RV and other their course related fees directly from any online centers like E-Seva, Mee-Seva, AP online or through using their residential internet connection.
Something About Faculty:
- The selection of faculty is mainly based on the qualification. Those candidates who completed B.TECH, M.TECH and above higher education, they all are eligible to become a lecturer in polytechnic institutes (Gov. and Private).
- Only Andhra Pradesh and talented candidates are eligible to apply jobs in polytechnic institutes with minimum age 18+ years.
Examinations & Final Salient Details:
- This course is now only available in English medium and there are no other mediums available.
- In each examination hall we can see minimum two invigilators and one observer for each examinations center.
- There are no chances to mal practice in any examinations center. Because, board will conduct these exams very strictly and in some times squad will be come to exams centers for checking every student. So in examination room every student need to check their pockets and surrounding areas for any slips and also they need to be careful.
- If any student resorts to any mal practice during examinations shall be booked the punishment will be awarded by SBTET.
- After appearing this polytechnic course successfully students has a chance to get many benefits.
- Read also about career after polytechnic and also ECET [FDH & B.SC (Mathematics)] examination structure in our website.
- To get central government jobs in India you should need to gain minimum or above 70% of marks in your diploma course.
- Try to complete this course on in time and by holding or with number of backlogs you can lose your certificate permanently. So be careful and mind it.
- You have a bright future ahead of you.
Labled Courses Structure Diploma Polytechnic